School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Ms Rebecca Allan
- Qualifications: BA (Hons), MSc, PGCE, FHEA
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2402
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I was tempted back to a full-time role at the University of Portsmouth after teaching business and construction related modules at Solent University and Highbury College. Prior to that, I worked for 3 years as a consultant undertaking viability research and negotiating land acquisitions for a small start-up development company.
A significant part of my career was spent working for Centrica Plc and The AA in a variety of project and programme management roles. I've delivered complex and/or innovative change in challenging situations, in addition to implementing continuous improvements in project management methods and governance through the establishment of a project management Centre of Excellence. During that time I worked extensively with the senior management team as a facilitator to help manage cultural change resulting from mergers and acquisitions.
I am enthusiastic about promoting diversity within the built environment profession and sit on the SCES Equality and Diversity Committee as well as chairing the Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team working group for key career transition points and career development.
- Dissertation (U22983)
- Independent Project (U22424)
- Strategic and General Management (U22408)
- Project Management and Software (U22327)
- Corporate and Contract Management (U22397)
My areas of interest include exploring group dynamics and building cross-cultural teams, managing successful stakeholder relationships, lessons learned and knowledge management in projects, together with how BIM collaboration could change the mind-set of the construction industry.