School of Computing
Dr Mohamed Bader
- Qualifications: BSc MSc PhD FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3HE
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6380
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Computing
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computing, University of Portsmouth. In general, my research interests lie in the areas of evolutionary computation, genetic programming, combinatorial optimization, hyper-heuristic and multi-agent/robot cooperative systems. In particular, I am interested in the development of systems that are capable of discovering/evolving new successful heuristics/algorithms on a wide range of real-world combinatorial optimisation problems such as: Scheduling, Timetabling, Satisfiability Testing SAT and Financial Forecasting.
Prior to joining the Univeersity of Portsmouth I was a Research Associate at Loughborough University working on an EPSRC-funded project, "Designing Mechanisms for Automated Resource Allocation Problem." In this project, we investigated the use of game theory and market-based methods for optimal allocation of resources. During my PhD program, I worked on another EPSRC-funded project, "Investigation of Genetic Programming (GP) as a Hyper-Heuristic for Combinatorial Optimization", under the supervision of Professor Riccardo Poli at the University of Essex.
I also worked as a research intern at Microsoft Research Cambridge (MSRC). The target was to use GP for evolving strategies for Microsoft Solver Foundations local search engine. I conducted my MSc thesis research at the Automation Lab, University of Mannheim, Germany; my research was on using game theory for modelling and combining cooperative and non-cooperative behaviours among autonomous agents.
Unit Co-ordinator and Lecturer
- Data Warehousing and Mining (DWM), BSc, Level 6
- System, Security and Data Analysis (SSYDA), Level 7 (MSc)
- Introduction to Database Design and Development (INDADD), BSc, Level 4
- Evolutionary Computation and Genetic Programming
- Heuristic, Hyper-heuristics and Meta-heuristic for combinatorial optimisation problems
- Multi-agent Systems
- Data mining and clustering