School of Computing
Eng. Tamer El Boghdadly
- Role Title: Research Student
- Address: Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3HE
- Telephone: +44 (0) 23 9284 6400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Computing
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a PhD student in the School of Computing at University of Portsmouth. I graduated from the Computer Engineering Department at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST). Since then I have worked in different departments within AAST. My current position is Information System Supervisor. I am also currently lecturing in the college of International Transport and Logistics.
I was Head of Information Technology in the Mediterranean Memorandum of Understanding on Port State Control (MedMoU) under the International Maritime Organization (IMO). I have experience in the Maritime field systems (Navigation, Inspections, Simulators and Security), software programming in numerous programming languages, web developments and databases with several successful projects. For seven years, I managed international maritime conferences around the Mediterranean.
I am the owner and founder of the Tam Technology Company for Computer and Internet Services, established 1998, working in the market with different companies to fulfil their needs and provide solutions regarding web, hardware, networks and software applications. I am Oracle Database Administration Certified (OCP-DBA) and a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Current PhD research
“Multi-objective Optimization Methods for the Dynamic Fleet Management and Routing Problem”
Other research interests
- Maritime Transportation. Inspection, security, navigation and port improvement systems.
- Heuristic, Hyper-heuristics and Meta-heuristic for combinatorial optimisation problems.
- Evolutionary Computation, Genetic Programming and algorithm.
- Decision Support Systems
- Web Technologies
- Mobile applications