School of Computing
Miss Alaa Mohasseb
- Qualifications: BSc MSc
- Role Title: Research Student
- Address: Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Computing
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a research student in the School of Computing at the University of Portsmouth. I received my Master of Science in Information Systems as well as my Bachelor of Business Administration and Management Information Systems from the Arab Academy of Science and Technology and Maritime Transport, Alexandria, Egypt.
I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop CS4.
My research interests include Natural language processing, Information Retrieval, Text Classification, Search Engines, Web Queries, Semantic Web, Data Mining and Artificial Intelligence.
INSTICC (Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication) since 2014
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Text Classification
- Search Engines
- Web Queries
- Semantic Web
- Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
- Transformation of Discriminative Single-Task Classification into Generative Multi-Task Classification in Machine Learning Context. Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence (ICACI 2017) February 2016
- Automated Identification of Web Queries using Search Type Patterns. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2014), Barcelona, Spain (pages 295-304).
- Pharmacy Information Systems: One-year team work project aiming to create an inventory tracking system for pharmacies. The project involved system analysis, database modelling, process modelling, and a prototype creation.