School of Creative Technologies
Mr Charlie Watts
- Qualifications: MSc, BA (Hons), PGCertLTHE
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer; Course Leader – BSc (Hons) Television and Broadcasting
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5485
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I am a senior lecturer, course leader and Avid editor. I have extensive experience in post-production, teaching and learning, and television acquisition and delivery. I have worked for a range of UK and International broadcasters, production companies and corporate companies (Meridian, Channel 4, Wyatt Media and Oasis, etc) before joining the University of Portsmouth as an academic.
I became an Avid Certified Instructor in 2011, and in 2012 embedded the Avid curriculum within Level 4 and 5 taught units. Students can utilise this learning by taking an accredited Avid User Exam for Avid Media Composer version 7.0.
The Faculty CCi TV channel is operated and managed by my course – BSc (Hons) Television and Broadcasting – and the course consistently delivers live broadcast quality content on a weekly basis. The focus on teaching industry skills, combined with weekly live TV programming and outside broadcast recording, helps form the heart of a unique and exciting student experience.
- Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Television and Broadcasting
- Creative Technologies Industry Liaison and Placement Tutor
- Responsible for the taught units:
- Editing for Film and Television
- Client-Led Video Production
- Post-Production Workflow
- Television and Broadcasting
- Film and Television Documentary
- Development of web decisions trees to aid pedagogy
- Holistic approaches to industry and HE collaborations
- HE Live Broadcasting Transmission