School of Creative Technologies
Dr Claire Bailey-Ross
- Qualifications: PhD, MA, BA (Hons)
- Role Title: Lecturer; Course Leader – BSc (Hons) Digital Media
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5714
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I am currently a lecturer in User Experience in the School of Creative Technologies. I have a PhD in Information Studies from University College London, my thesis focused on exploring the implications of digital innovation projects in museums and their bearing on visitor engagement and institutional change.
Prior to joining the University of Portsmouth in February 2017, I established a strong research agenda at both Durham University, University College London and the University of Exeter. My research takes place within the context of Digital Humanities (DH) and my work is highly interdisciplinary, ranging from the user experience of digital heritage resources to broader debates surrounding the social aspects of digital innovation and technological change in cultural heritage environments.
- Data Manipulation and Presentation
- Final Year Project
- Interdisciplinary Group Project
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Trends in Latest Technology
- Web Engineering and Design
- Digital Humanities and Digital Heritage
- Museum Technology and Innovation
- Museum Visitor Experience and Engagement
- User Experience and User Studies
- Use, Impact and Value of Digital Resources
- Knowledge Exchange and Participatory Action Research
My main research focuses digital impact, engagement and user experience in cultural heritage contexts.