School of Creative Technologies
Miss Claire Sambrook
- Qualifications: Fd, BTech HND
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I have 28 years industry experience in photography, design, TV and project management and over 12 years teaching experience. I specialise in industry collaboration, strategic planning, photography and design processes. I work closely with industry and students across a range of different creative disciplines, ensuring a high standard of output and dissemination.
My works and professional diary can be found on my portfolio site.
My main teaching role is within design and employability. I am involved in community cross-faculty projects, which involve industry liaison and collaboration, careers, marketing, and global outreach.
Previously, I was responsible for making connections with industry and educational establishments in India, China, Malaysia and Boston.
I work with Industry partners to ensure that students are graduating with the relevant skill set and ‘real world’ experience.
My current teaching units and areas are:
- Creative Platforms - developing showreels/portfolios of work pitched to the industry. Closely working with industry to develop content and guest lecturer spots.
- Creative Industries Project Management - development of new content working with industry and getting students to work to live briefs. Guest lecturers from industry. Blog.
- Digital Photography - design and development of module content - working with industry, blog for updates and development of processes.
- Design and development of online material - blogs for each module. Industry standards.
- Underwater Film and Photography modules for students across CCI Faculty.
- Producing and publishing content available to students on modules - promoting ideas, schemes, collaboration via social media platforms and dissemination.
My research areas include design processes, blogging, industry involvement in education, commercialisation and social media.
I am a Practitioner - Photographer for collaboration projects, involved in documenting, exhibiting and publishing work such as the Seasick Steve album cover.
I’ve worked on multiple collaboration projects with industry, staff and students. I am also involved with facilitation and development of content, social media campaigns, documentation - photography, filming, PR - Promotion.