School of Creative Technologies
Dr Dongjoe Shin
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 8598
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I received my PhD from University of Warwick and had developed research career in UCL and University of Cambridge as a post-doc research associate. Before joining the university of Portsmouth in 2016. I have participated in various research projects including 3 EU-FP7, 1 EPSRC, and 2 TSB projects. Also, I have been lucky to work for several industrial projects with international clients. My areas of expertise are computer vision and computer graphics, and I’m currently researching VR/AR applications.
- Visualisation and user interaction
- Tools for game and animation
- Mathematical elements for game and animation
- Final year project
- Computer vision (3D reconstruction, multi-view geometry, novel view synthesis, image inpainting)
- Computer graphics (quad-remeshing, topological segmentation, animation, 3D model matching, physics simulation)
- Machine learning for tracking and model prediction
- Stereoscopic data visualisation & UI for virtual environment
- Remote sensing and sensor fusion
- I’m also very interested in VR/AR applications for entertainment and multimedia applications. If you have any interesting idea and/or want collaboration with me, please let me know.
- For final year students/potential postgraduate students: If you’re good at programming (particularly in C++/C, JAVA, Python C#, or Objective-C) and mathematics, I could suggest some project ideas related to VR, Physics simulation, Mo-Cap. If interested, please contact me before new academic year.