School of Creative Technologies
Dr Pere Villez
- Qualifications: PhD, PGC Res Methods, BA (Hons)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: 36–40 Middle Street, Portsmouth PO5 4BP
- Telephone: 023 9284 5483
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
Pere's background is in industrial design, 20th Century classical music and electroacoustics. He trained as a design draughtsman for the G.E.C. and the British Post Office where he also took mechanical and electrical engineering. Later he studied for a degree in classical musicology at Sussex University with the late Jonathan Harvey and David Osmond Smith (Luciano Berio). The latter inspired him to become a teacher. After graduating, he worked with Harvey as his electroacoustic technician.
He has worked in higher education as a music technology lecturer and researcher since 1989; University of Sussex (1989-1990), Northbrook College (1996-2001), The London College of Music (2000-2003) and currently since 2004 at the University of Portsmouth. He also worked as an external examiner for I.T. and Industrial Design Master’s programs in H.E. centres in Spain together with the British Council (2005-ongoing).
- Course Leader, MSc Music Technology
- PhD supervisor
- Lecturer, BSc (Hons) Music and Sound Technology and BSc (Hons) Music Computing
Pere's principle teaching is centred on experimental music techniques and the teaching of Max/MSP, Pure Data and Csound.
- The design of microsound instruments (The Elementary Signal Engine E.S.E.)
- Algorithms in digital music technique (One Line Code music) (ALIAS)
- Analogue technology emulation techniques
- Digital Infra-Red photographic and cinematographic techniques