School of Creative Technologies
Dr Peter Howell
- Qualifications: PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
- Researcher in the Advanced Games Research Group
- Creative Technologies Enrichment Events Coordinator
- Prototyping and Iterating Game Designs
- Games Research
- Psychological Theory for Game Designers
My research focus is Game Design and specifically, Disruptive Game Design and the subversion of player expectations during gameplay. This research is currently being developed in different areas, including digital and non-digital games for entertainment, as well as in games for educational use.
In addition to my main research focus. I am also engaged with ongoing work with local historical and archaeological researchers and institutes, including Portsmouth's Mary Rose Museum. This work combines traditional archaeological methods with cutting edge digital techniques, such as laser scanning and digital reconstruction of artefacts.