School of Creative Technologies
Dr Si Qiao
- Qualifications: PhD, MSc, BA (Hons), FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 3405
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow in Computer Animation and Visual Effects at the School of Creative Technologies, whose main aim is to ‘deliver software skills teaching’.
I have also been employed by the School of Creative Technologies in a role supporting the international students. The main aim of this job is to offer support for all aspects of academic and personal life for international students (undergraduate and postgraduate) while they are studying here.
- Deputy Course Leader BSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects.
- Unit Coordinator for the level 6 unit ‘Creative Professional Development’.
- Unit Coordinator for the level 4 unit ‘Introduction to Animation’.
- Final Project Supervisor for both undergraduate (Level 6) and postgraduate (Level 7) courses.
- I also develop and deliver content across other units, including ‘Skills and Principles for Animation’ (Level 4), ‘Ancillary Animation and Software Skills Project’ (Level 5), ‘Graphics Applications and Post-production Effects’ (Level 7).
‘The Relationship between Three Dimensional Human Cephalic Animation, Audiences Perception and Emotional Response’ [PhD Thesis]
I continue researching into character development (human and creature design), 2D concept art, 3D digital sculpture, 3D character animation (facial and body movements), principle animation, psychology of audience perceptions, human behaviour.