School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Mr Richard Hing
- Qualifications: MPhil Palaeontology
- Role Title: Technician
- Address: Burnaby Building, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3QL
- Telephone: 023 9284 2026
- Email: Richard.Hing@port.ac.uk
- Department: School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I have always had a keen interest in all aspects of natural history, particularly fossils, which led me to study for a BSc in Palaeobiology and Evolution at the University of Portsmouth. I then continued my studies here by completing my MPhil into a purported specimen of pterosaur wing membrane from the Cretaceous of Brazil. During this I also participated in an expedition to the Moroccan Sahara to search for dinosaurs and other fossils.
I now work as a technician in SEES, having previously worked in the biological sciences.