School of Education and Childhood Studies
SECS Symposium 2013: Empowering Learners to Learn - Equal Opportunities for All!
Monday 15th July 2013
Our key note speakers were Prof Helen Cowie, a renowned expert on inclusion in schools and bullying, and Dr Jo Watson, a specialist in occupational therapy in education.
Speakers and parallel themes:
- Professor Helen Cowie (University of Surrey): "The Role of Peer Support in Challenging Bullying"
- Dr Jo Watson (University of Southampton): "Widening Participation and Social Inclusion"
- Parallel 1: Well-being, gender and equality
- Parallel 2: Learning, inclusion and Gifted & Talented students
- Parallel 3: Inclusion in HE
- Parallel 4: Empowering learners - ‘Research in Action’
Resources from the Symposium
|The Role of Peer Support in Challenging Bullying Helen Cowie||PDF, 589KB|
|Widening Participation and Social Inclusion Dr Jo Watson||PDF, 323KB|
|Valuing Diversity Tanya Riordan||PDF, 151KB|