School of Education and Childhood Studies
- Qualifications: MA, SFHEA, PgCLTHE, RDH, RDT
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in Education, Degree Apprenticeship Course Leader
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Telephone: 023 9284 5336
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Education and Childhood Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Prior to entering into academia, I was fortunate enough to work in both primary and secondary dental care settings for over ten years. During this period of time I undertook dental care for a diverse range of patients, including those requiring special care within the Community Dental Service alongside caring for oncology patients at a local hospital. When the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy opened I became a Clinical Supervisor, moving on to an academic post a year later.
I completed my PGCert in 2009 which explored the use of synchronous and asynchronous learning in education. My Masters in Learning and Teaching focussed on the use of eportfoilos to capture the learning journey. Following successful completion of my MA, I then began my Professional Doctoral Studies In 2012. I have recently completed my thesis which is an illuminative evaluation into the use and relevance of reflective practice in the undergraduate dental curriculum.
My Research interests are:
- Professional Reflective Practice
- Accuracy of student self-perception in clinical and academic attainment.
- Cognitive acuity
- Personal development planning
- Mentorship and self-compassion