School of Engineering
Dr Alkistis Karabela
- Qualifications: BEng (Hons) MSc PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ (UK)
- Telephone: +44(0)23 9284 2322
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
- PhD (EPSRC funded), University of Portsmouth, 2008-2011. “An experimental and computational study of damage and crack growth for a nickel-based superalloy under fatigue-oxidation conditions” in collaboration with Rolls-Royce plc. and Cranfield University.
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (EPSRC funded) with Merit, University of Portsmouth, 2007-2008, “Fatigue of welded Aluminium structures”.
- BEng(Hons) Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, 1st class, University of Portsmouth, 2004-2006. “Modelling of the pull-out mechanism of cement pedicles from cancellous bones”. The project was awarded with the Departmental Project Prize.
- Apolytirion, Lyceum of Rio, Achaia, Greece, 1997
- Unit Coordinator for ENG5560 Computer Aided Engineering and Product Manufacture
- ENG470 Introduction to Design
- ENG573 Computer Aided Visualisation
- ENG661 Computer Aided Engineering – Product Realisation
- Fatigue and fracture of engineering materials and components
- High temperature fatigue and creep-fatigue interaction
- High temperature oxidation and corrosion of metals and alloys
- Engineering design
- Manufacturing systems