School of Engineering
Dr Amjad Shah
- Qualifications: MSc, MPhil, PhD
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2519
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering and have background in Fuels and Crude Oils. Following my MSc and MPhil in Chemical Sciences I received my Doctorate from the University of Birmingham in Chemical Engineering in 2011, with specialisation in catalysis and reaction engineering.
Throughout my academic career I have been extensively involved in R&D of IOR/EOR technologies for the improved recovery and upgrading of crude oils. During my stay at Birmingham University, I helped design/commissioned state of the art CAPRITM experimental rig for the detailed evaluation of the new technology and to study the effects of different catalysts on the recovery/upgrading of heavy oils and bitumen.
I joined the Low Carbon Combustion Centre at the School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Sheffield. Worked for the EU initiated Alfa-bird project and contributed towards the findings of the EU wide project involving more than 24 commercial and academic partners to test new aviation fuels i.e. XTL’s on current aviation systems.
I joined Birmingham University again as a Research Fellow in July 2012 and worked on new micro-reactors involving the application of nano-catalysts for the recovery and upgrading of the Canadian oil sands (EOR).
- Reservoir Engineering and Simulations (BEng Petroleum Engineering)
- Petroleum Refinery Operations (BEng Petroleum Engineering)
- Reservoir Characterization (MSc Petroleum Engineering)
- Unconventional Resources (MSc Petroleum Engineering)
- Reservoir Engineering and Simulations
- IOR/EOR technologies and their Optimization (Low Salinity Water Floods, ASPs, Chemical Floods, Thermal Floods)
- Reservoir Modelling using Softwares such as Petrel/Eclipse, CMG Suite, IPM Suite, Kappa Suite
- Unconventional Resources (Shale Fracturing, Heavy Oil Recovery and upgrading)