School of Engineering
Dr David Sanders
- Qualifications: BA, BSc, DMS, MBA, PhD
- Role Title: Reader in Systems/Knowledge Engineering
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
Until 1990, I was the Research Group Secretary for a research group led by Professor John Billingsley. I formed the Systems Engineering Research Group in 1991 after Professor Billingsley emigrated to Australia.
Between 1991 and 1999, the group went through eight years of slow expansion of the three research areas in the group. This allowed natural groupings to form and the academics within the areas to be tested. Automation and Robotics was the core research area during that time.
Since then the numbers of staff and students in the research group have been increasing year on year as new staff join as co-investigators for grants and supervisors for research students.
- Undergraduate Electrical and Electronic Principles, ENG432
- Undergraduate Engineering Mathematics, Instrumentation and Control, ENG511
- MSc Industrial Control Systems, ENG742S1
- Automation and Robotics (specifically, tele-operation and powered wheelchair systems)
- Computing and Electronics (specifically, knowledge based systems and AI)
- Environmental Systems (specifically, engineering governance and intelligent monitoring systems)