School of Engineering
Dr Djamel Azzi
- Qualifications: MSc, PhD, Ingénieur d'État
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 2762
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Principal Lecturer in the School of Engineering. I joined the University in 1996 as a Research Fellow working on modelling of temperature and humidity dynamic behaviour in office buildings for predictive control applications.
I am associated with the Electronics Teaching Group and teach at 2nd, 3rd and MSc levels in Analogue Circuit Analysis, Instrumentation, and Programmable Analogue Electronic Devices. My other duties include supervising students undertaking undergraduate projects, both within the School and from external institutions.
I am a member of the Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Research Group. Over the years I have been involved in a number of research projects and topics.
My research interests include:
- modelling for building management systems
- control of naturally ventilated buildings
- comfort in buildings
- comfort driven building management
- wireless sensor for built environment
- robot navigation and localisation
- intelligent virtual teaching environments
- wireless sensor networks