School of Engineering
Dr Hongwei Wang
- Qualifications: BSc, MSc, PhD, PGCLTHE
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 2569
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a lecturer in Engineering Design at the School of Engineering, University of Portsmouth. Prior to joining the school, I completed my PhD at the Engineering Design Centre of the University of Cambridge. I obtained a BEng (Electronic and Information Sciences) with distinction from Zhejiang University and an MSc (Control Science and Engineering) with distinction from Tsinghua University in 2004 and 2007 respectively.
My research interests are in the application of information and computing technologies to address specific design issues, for example, knowledge and information management, collaborative product development, collaborative modelling and simulation, sustainable design and intelligent control for rapid prototyping.
I am an academic member of the UK-China consortium on sustainable manufacturing and I have served on the committee of several international conferences such as the IEEE International Conference on E-Business Engineering (ICEBE).
- Product Analysis (ENG575)
- Conceptual Design (ENG574)
- Information Technology and Management (ENG723S2)
- Design and Sustainable Development (ENG674D2)
- Design and Sustainable Development (ENG672)
- Integrated Model-based Design Knowledge Management and Reuse in a Collaborative Environment.
- Semantic Retrieval of Complex Engineering Design Knowledge
- Design Optimisation for Sustainable Development
- Variable-step multidisciplinary collaborative simulation algorithms
- Intelligent control for rapid prototyping
- E-Business for Services