School of Engineering
Dr Mohamed Hassan-Sayed
- Qualifications: BEng, MSc, PhD, MSPE, MIET, AMICemE
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2373
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I joined the University of Portsmouth as a Senior Lecturer and Course leader for BEng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering in January 2014, after five years in the department of Petroleum Engineering at the American university in Cairo as Assistant Professor of Renewable energy.
Prior to that I was based at the Centre for Environmental Strategy working on modelling energy demand and the modelling pathways to low carbon technology. I also served as a Lecturer of Oil and Gas/Chemical Engineering at the Australian College in Kuwait (University of Tasmania).
Before working in Kuwait, I was a Research fellow at Loughborough University for a period of five years working on several projects. An engineer by training, I hold a Bachelor’s Combined Honours in Mechanical Engineering and Environmental Science from Aston University, an MSc in Environmental Management from Coventry University, and a PhD from Loughborough University: Chemical Engineering in “Renewable energy - Bio Fuel processing”.