School of Engineering
Dr Reza Malakooti
- Qualifications: BSc, MSc, PhD
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44(0)23 9284 2393
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I have BSc and MSc degrees in Petroleum Engineering from Petroleum University of Technology, Iran, and MEng degree in Petroleum Reservoir Engineering from University of Calgary, Canada. I graduated with PhD in Petroleum Engineering from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh in 2015 where I worked as a research fellow for Production Technology research group. The title of my dissertation was "Novel Methods for Active Reservoir Monitoring and Flow Rate Allocation of Intelligent Wells".
I have also worked in the Persian Gulf Science & Technology Park, Iran where where I performed reservoir engineering analysis for various industrial projects such as underground gas storage, acid gas injection disposal, updating dynamic field models, forecasting production and water flooding.
- Mass and heat transfer in porous media and wellbore
- Modelling, control and optimisation
- Underground gas storage and carbon capture sequestration