School of Engineering
Dr Richard Wheaton
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer (part time)
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 6451
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I have 33 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. I joined BG Group (then British Gas) in 1980 starting as a Senior Scientist (Reservoir Engineering) in the Research Division and becoming a research Project Leader developing an ‘in-house’ compositional reservoir simulator.
After this, I held posts as a Principle Petroleum Engineer, Reservoir Engineering Manager, Chief Reservoir Engineer and Chief Petroleum Engineer. I was then appointed Head of Corporate Reserves and in the last three years as a Special Advisor to the Group Executive.
I have worked on worldwide projects (Kazakstan, Russia, Egypt, Trinidad, Vietnam, India, Australia, US, Brazil, Bolivia, UK) over the last 22 years.