School of Engineering
Dr Rinat Khusainov
- Qualifications: MSc Computer Science, Diploma Computer Engineering (5 year degree) Russia, PhD Computer Science (Economics of Distributed Web Search: A Machine Learning Approach), PGCert, Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: ++44 (0)23 9284 2234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I received my primary university degree in Computer Engineering from Chelyabinsk State Technical University, Russia, in 1997 and my MSc and PhD degrees in Computer Science from University College Dublin, Ireland, in 1998 and 2004.
My teaching interests and experience cover a wide range of subjects including real-time and embedded systems, distributed systems and computer networks, web development and software engineering, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
My recent and past research interests include assisted living, machine learning, embedded systems, information management and retrieval, computational economics and game theory, multi-agent systems, and computer networks security.
I am actively involved in research and knowledge transfer (KTP) activities with industry. Current and past projects cover the areas of assisted living, audio/video switching and streaming, remote monitoring and control. I also carried out industrial consultancy projects in data management for very large-scale data storage systems and sensor characterisation for assisted living applications. I worked as a software engineer developing embedded data communication systems, and participated in European Commission funded industrial and academic project consortia.