School of Engineering
Mr Victor Dunn
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: ++44 (0) 23 928
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
My main focus is VHDL which is a Hardware Description Language which enables the design of a digital system by modelling the required behaviour and then synthesising a hardware solution targeted Programmable Logic Device.
The majority of my teaching is also supplemented by the use of Problem Based Learning that allows digital electronics to be explored through real problem solving and analysis of hardware projects.
Whilst at the university I have also supported the research into a Virtual Electronic Laboratory for remote teaching.
Before joining the University teaching staff I held a number of different research and development roles in industry - including running a team for the development of ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) and other computer aided engineering projects within the defence industry.
I have a background hobby interest in landscape photography, hovercraft and archaeology.
- VHDL and FPGA Design, VHDL and Digital Systems
- Problem Based Learning of VHDL, FPGA, Digital and Microcontroller Practicals