School of Engineering
Professor Victor M. Becerra
- Qualifications: BEng, MSc, PhD, Sen. Mem. IEEE, CEng, FIET, Sen. Mem. AIAA
- Role Title: Professor of Power Systems Engineering and Deputy Head of School
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2393
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I completed my undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering at Simon Bolivar University, Venezuela, in 1990. Between 1989 and 1991, I was employed as an electrical engineer at C.V.G. Edelca, a hydro power generation and transmission company, focussing in the areas of power systems stability analysis, control systems design, and electromagnetic transient analysis. In 1991, I started my PhD studies at City University, London, in the area of control engineering, which I completed in 1994. This was followed by a period of five years employed as a post-doctoral research fellow at City University funded by the EPSRC, working in the areas of optimal control and state estimation.
In 2000, I joined the University of Reading as a Lecturer, where I worked as an academic for a period of almost 16 years at the School of Systems Engineering, becoming a Professor of Automatic Control in 2012. Between 2011 and 2012, I was seconded to the Ford Motor Company in Dunton, Essex, with funding by the Royal Academy of Engineering, where I developed methods for the calibration of gasoline engine oil temperature dynamic models. I commenced my current position at Portsmouth in December 2015.