School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: James Watson West 2 King Richard 1st Road Portsmouth PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 023 92 842844
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: SHSSW
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- University of Portsmouth, Diploma in Social Work, 1996 – 1998
- University of Portsmouth, BSc Post Qualifying Child Care Social Work, 2004 – 2005
- University of Portsmouth, Post Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education 2008 - 2010
University of Portsmouth, March 2008 – present
- Course Lead BSc(Hons) Social Work (Sept 2013 – present)
- Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Course lead for Post Qualifying C&F SW Programme (2008-2011)
Portsmouth Preventing Youth Offending Project, 2009 - 2010
Hampshire Social Services Direct, 2002 – 2010
- Generic Practitioner with specific remit to Children & Families crisis intervention.
Portsmouth Social Services, 2002 - 2008
- 2005–2008, Senior Practitioner and acting Team Manager Children and Families Team.
- 2006–2008, Visiting guest tutor Portsmouth University
- 2005–2008, Member of Portsmouth City Council Foster Panel
- 2002–2005, main & higher grade practitioner Children and Families Team.
- Joint Investigations into cases of serious abuse.
Previous Posts of Relevance:
- 1998–2002, Generic Social Worker for Ministry of Defence Royal Navy.
- 1996–1998, Residential worker, Adults with Learning Disability, Portsmouth City Council.
- 1995–1996, Community Worker for Ministry of Defence Royal Navy.
- 1989–1995, Generic Social Work Assistant for Ministry of Defence Royal Navy.
- 1979–1989, Paramedic for Ministry of Defence Royal Navy
I deliver on a wide range of teaching across the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The main body of this relates to Children & Families with emphasis on; safeguarding, Serious Case Reviews, social care law and decision-making and risk.
I take a lead on simulation within learning and have developed specific assessments around; Observed Structured Practice Assessments and presenting evidence as an ‘Expert Witness’ within court settings.
2014 Consultant in relation to - Evaluating Veteran Outreach Support in Portsmouth for effectiveness (and cost-effectiveness).