School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: St Michael's Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2DT
- Telephone: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Faculty: Science
I graduated from Aston University in 2002, and completed Pre-Registration year in 2003. I currently work as a Senior Lecturer for the University of Portsmouth 1 day per week, in practice as an Optometrist 1 day per week, Assessing of the Scheme for Registration for the College of Optometrists 1 day per week, and as the Optometry Development Manager for Vision Express on a national level 2 days per week (running their training programme for the Scheme for Registration and Newly Qualified Optometrists).
My roles focus heavily on keeping the standard of practice in our profession at a high level, and it is this which drives me to fully develop the clinical skills, communication skills and knowledge of our undergraduates.
I am a member of the General Optical Council and the College of Optometrists.
Lectures, Seminars, Tutorials and Workshops.
I teach on the following units:
- Dispensing and Ophthalmic lenses- Unit Co-ordinator
- Clinical Optometry skills 1
- Foundations of Optical Science
- Contact Lenses
- Clinical Skills 2
- Ocular Anatomy & Applied Physiology
Accuracy and Effectiveness of Referrals from Primary Care.