School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Qualifications: BA(Hons), RMN, PgCert Health Research Methodology
- Role Title: Ageing Network Facilitator
- Address: Faculty of Science, Faculty Office, St. Michael's Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth PO1 2DT.
- Telephone: 023 92 844432
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: SHSSW
- Faculty: Science
Prior to my current position, I was a Research Fellow in the School of Health Sciences & Social Work, and a part-time Research Advisor for the NIHR Research Design Service South Central. My recent research has primarily been in health and social care environments with a focus on the ageing population. This has included involvement in Cluster Randomised Control Trials; Qualitative Studies and, Cochrane Systematic Reviews.
I originally trained as Registered Psychiatric Nurse, specialising in Child, Adolescent and Family Psychiatry. I practiced within both the NHS and Local Authority service provision where I held clinical, developmental and, managerial roles. My earlier research work reflected this area of work.
As an Ageing Network Facilitator I now work across the University and with the wider academic, business, and social communities, to help grow activities in the field of ageing across all academic disciplines, including research, innovation, teaching and community outreach.
My current research interests are focused on the fields of ageing and health and social care environments.
Projects have included:
- The HIP-HOP Flooring Study: Helping Injury Prevention in Hospitalised Older People.
- The PEOPPLE Project: Putting Evidence for Older People into Practice in Living Environments.
- Undertaking systematic reviews