School of Health Sciences and Social Work
Dr Isobel Ryder
- Qualifications: PhD, MSc, RM
- Role Title: Programme Lead, Adult Nursing
- Address: James Watson West 2 King Richard 1st Road Portsmouth PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 023 9284 2845
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: SHSSW
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am Programme Lead for Adult Nursing, which means that I oversee the quality assurance and management of our new Bachelor of Nursing (Adult) programme. This role includes both strategic and operational aspects related to pre-registration nursing, including active engagement with external partners at local, regional and national level. I work closely with the BN team to ensure that our programme take account of current and emerging trends in nursing and health care.
In addition, one of my other responsibilities is as Student Voice Coordinator (Academic) which relates to monitoring and responding to feedback, from both students and partner organisations. I am one of two representatives on the Council of Deans of Health and am also a key link with our two associate departments at Portsmouth Hospitals Trust.
- Pathway Lead Professional Doctorate in Health Science
- Unit coordinator L4 Foundations of Nursing Practice (U25342)
- Unit coordinator L5 Developing Nursing Practice (U25347)
- Unit coordinator L6 Professional Nursing Practice (U25350)
I contribute to teaching at levels 4, 5 and 6 including maternal and neonatal well-being including emergency management, evidence based practice, patient safety, clinical governance and improving health services at undergraduate level across many courses in SHSSW.
I supervise undergraduate and postgraduate student projects.
Current research topics supervised:
Wellbeing and quality of life in pregnancy and early motherhood in Portsmouth: Does poverty make a difference? (PhD)
Unexpected out of hospital births (UOoHB), unattended by a maternity professional in the UK: what is the problem? (MResSci)