School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Qualifications: MSc Social Work, BSc (hons) Sociology, CQSW, Practice Teacher accreditation
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: James Watson West 2 King Richard 1st Road Portsmouth PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 023 92 842834
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: SHSSW
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
After a period of working as an unqualified social worker with children and families in the Portsmouth area I completed an MSc in Social Work at Southampton University in the mid 80’s. Since qualifying I have worked primarily with Adults with disabilities and Older people as a development advocacy worker or Care Manager.
I have also 10 years experience of working as a Training and development worker for Hampshire Social Services and practice assessor.
Currently teaching on MSc and BSc Social Work courses.
Areas of teaching include:
- Creativity, Empowerment and Service User involvement.
- Adult Social Care legislation.
- Working with Older people living with dementia.
- Social Work Theory and methods of intervention.
- Reflective Practice.
Service User involvement in Social Work education.
I work closely with the Social Work Inclusion Group since 2000 and coordinate a range of teaching events over the year that utilise creative mediums to engage with students and showcase service user narratives.