School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Qualifications: BScHons MCOptom
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: James Watson West, 2 King Richard, 1st Portsmouth Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 023 9284 4440
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Health Sciences & Social Work
- Faculty: Science
I qualified as an Optometrist in 1994 having graduated in 1993 from The City University in London. I have experience in hospital practice and in rural community and inner city paediatric and low vision clinics and contact lens practice.
I now work in an independent practice where I have been since 1998 and am a Senior Lecturer in Optometry at University of Portsmouth. I am involved with placements for years 2-4.
In practice I am a pre-registration supervisor. I am involved in stable wet AMD monitoring and Glaucoma refinement pathways.
I am a member of the General Optical Council, Association of Optometrists, College of Optometrists and the British contact Lens Association.
I teach on the following units:
- Dispensing and Ophthalmic Lenses
- Clinical Optometry Skills 1
- Ocular Anatomy and Applied Physiology
- Clinical Optometry Skills 2
- Contact Lenses
Dry Eye and Meibomian Gland disease
Changes to refractive error with YAG laser treatment