School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Qualifications: MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, PGDip Health Care Policy and Organisation, BN (Hons) Nursing, RGN
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: University of Portsmouth, James Watson Building, King Richard 1st Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 02392846815
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Health Sciences & Social Work
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am a Registered General Nurse with 22 years’ experience. During this time I have worked extensively in General nursing working on wards, outpatients and emergency care. My speciality is Ophthalmology, where I have achieved specialist ophthalmic qualifications with specific interest in ocular surface and retinal disease. In the management of retinal disease I have also acquired a sound overarching knowledge of systemic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. I work as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) where my main duties include working as an autonomous practitioner; leading in practice development; instigating evidence based practice changes and strategically planning for the efficient and prudent running of the hospital’s eye services.
In September 2016 I started in a new role as a Senior Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Portsmouth.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
I am a member of the Nursing team. My role includes being a link lecture and personal academic tutor as well as contributing to the design, delivery and assessment of the new undergraduate nursing programme.
- Advanced nursing practice
- Ophthalmology (particular interest in Ocular Surface Disease)