School of Languages and Area Studies
Dr Isabelle Cheng
- Qualifications: PhD (Department of Politics and International Studies, School of Oriental and Africa Studies, University of London)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in East Asian and International Development Studies
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I am the Unit Coordinator of Migration in East Asia, Contemporary East Asian Societies and Cultures, China and East Asian Economies, Chinese Politics and Society and Developing Research Skill.
I serve on the Executive Board of the European Association of Taiwan Studies (EATS). I am a Research Associate of the Centre of Taiwan Studies, SOAS.
My doctoral research is entitled ‘The Becoming of Immigrants from Outsiders to In-Betweens: the National Identity of Immigrant Women in Taiwan’. My research interests are migration in East Asia, the Cold War in East Asia, citizenship, national identity, multiculturalism, immigrants’ political participation, and Overseas Chinese Studies.
- Women’s and Gender Study
- International Development Studies and Security Issues
- Migration Studies
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Taiwan Studies
- Unrealised Glory of the Nation: Chiang Kai-shek and His Military Staff in the Aborted War on China.
- Look, the World Is Watching Us! An Examination of the Change of Immigration Policy during the Ma Administration by the Spiral Model Theory.
- Resistance and Participation: Political Participation and Acts of Citizenship of Immigrant Women in Taiwan.