School of Languages and Area Studies
Mr Rupert Walsh
- Qualifications: MA Applied Linguistics & TESOL [Distinction], FHEA, Cambridge DELTA, CELTA, Cert Ed. In Teaching ESOL to Adults
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, EAP & EFL
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6087
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I have been teaching English as a foreign language and Business English in the UK and in Portugal since 2000. I joined the University of Portsmouth in 2010 and currently lecture on EAP, Business English and General Language courses. Formerly, I worked in industry as a Financial Accountant.
I am interested in theories of successful teaching instruction with particular emphasis on EAP (see my research profile for full details) and am currently conducting research in Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL). I also write EAP reference materials.