School of Languages and Area Studies
Mrs Marie Ainslie
- Qualifications: MA Applied Linguistics and TEFL, PG Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, EAP
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6051
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Marie is course leader for the logistics suite of degrees that are offered in SLAS. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Her main teaching responsibilities are focussed on English for Academic Purposes and English for Specific Academic Purposes. She teaches both postgraduates and undergraduates with the focus on academic writing. She has designed specialist courses for students in engineering and business. In addition to this, Marie coordinates a Business Communication unit and teaches Understanding Britain Today. She is currently working on developing interactive materials for international Distance Learners to support them with their academic writing.
- Developing strategies for lecturing to international and EU students
- Teaching & learning in ESP within an academic context