School of Languages and Area Studies
Ms Elizabeth Maldonado
- Qualifications: Diploma Architecture (Dip Arch), Simon Bolivar University, Caracas, Venezuela, Master’s Degree in Urban Development Planning (MSc), University College London, UK, Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), University of Portsmouth, UK
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, Spanish Language
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6134
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Elizabeth Maldonado teaches Spanish language at all levels, from beginners to advanced/ graduate level.
Having studied Italian since childhood, she has contributed to some Italian teaching in the past, as well as being the current second marker for most Italian examinations.
She is also the Coordinator of the Creative Writing in a Foreign Language (CWFL) project and competition, which enables students to submit creative work written in the language/s of study. This project won the 2004 European Award for Languages from CILT, the National Centre for Languages, UK - read more.
Since 2013, and together with Paul Joyce (Senior Lecturer- German ) she has also been coordinating Creativo, a national creative writing competition in MFL aimed at AS and A Level language students from local and regional schools.
- Spanish grade 1 (IWLP Beginners)
- Spanish Grade 2 (IWLP Intermediate)
- Spanish Grade 3 (First Year Post A Level)
- Spanish Grade 3&4 (Second Year Post-Beginners)
- Spanish Grade 6 (Final Year/ graduate level)
- Spanish Grade 3 Unit Coordinator
- Spanish Grade 6 Unit Coordinator
- Personal Tutor
- Second Marker - Dissertations (Art, Architecture, Urban Planning, Creative Writing and related topics)
- Organizing the judging and prize giving for both CWFL and Creativo competitions
- Creative Writing and Modern Foreign Language (MFL) Acquisition
- Creative Writing and MFL Pedagogy
- Together with her colleague Paul Joyce, Elizabeth has run several Inset Workshops for local schools in the area of Creative Writing and Teaching and Learning.