School of Languages and Area Studies
Ms Janet Bryant
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) French and International Relations (University of Reading), MA Defence and Internal Security Studies (Distinction) (University of Reading)
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer; Associate Head, Academic
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6210
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Areas of Responsibility:
- Departmental lead on Curriculum and Quality Assurance
- Represents the Department on Faculty Boards in relation to the above
- Updates degree course structures in the department
- Supports colleagues in relation to curriculum change and innovation
- Course Leader BA (Hons) International Relations and/with Languages
- Course Leader BA(Hons) European Studies and International Relations
- Unit Coordinator for final year unit France in the World: Global Actor or Global Maverick?
- Unit Coordinator for MA unit Europe: Integration and Democratisation
Current Teaching Responsibilities
- Studying at University: Studying European and International Relations
- Introduction to International Relations: States, Conflict and Cooperation
- Understanding Britain Today
- France in the World: Global Actor or Global Maverick?
- Europe: Integration and Democratisation
In the past, Janet has taught modules on French Politics, Understanding Politics and Governance, Comparative Politics and European History.
Some of her past and current teaching is in the School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies, chiefly on the Politics and International Relations degrees.
Her research interests are French foreign and defence policy.