School of Languages and Area Studies
Ms Lorraine Pickett-Rose
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Cultural Studies, MA Applied Linguistics & Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, EAP Coordinator
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6150
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
EAP to students across the university. Specialist areas: EAP to post-graduates (mainly Economics, Marketing, MBA, Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies) Advanced Level EAP to the departments of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
Co-ordination of EAP support for all departments across the university. Recruitment and supervision of all part time hourly paid staff teaching on the programme. Liaison with all five faculties across the University whose students require EAP either for academic credit or for support only. Timetabling of all EAP classes. Close liaison with the International Office involving the organising and initial testing of all overseas students who may require English support. Liaison with external examiner for EAP. Planning and designing of assessments for the unit each semester. Responsible for all course development including designing schemes of work (including specialist courses such as EAP for civil engineering, economics, architecture etc.), purchasing of latest EAP materials, organising staff development.