Portsmouth Law School
How can we help you?
The School of Law at the University of Portsmouth has nine highly experienced legal practice professionals – barristers & solicitors together with a number of prominent researchers – available to offer talks, seminars, short courses and workshops to train you and your staff to face a variety of legal challenges, both present and potential:
- There may be employment disputes that need to be dealt with;
- Executives may need to resolve corporate compliance and regulatory issues;
- Employees may need guidance and training before giving evidence to a Court or Tribunal;
- Staff dealing with external regulators, such as local authority or care home employees, or catering staff might need an explanation of the law as it affects them;
- A new law or regulation may be enacted affecting you or your business. We can provide updates on the latest legislation or regulations;
- Experts within your organisation may be required to give expert evidence in the criminal or civil courts.
Individuals, established in their careers, who are looking to refresh or broaden their qualifications or add something distinctive to their CV, would also benefit from our training.
We have devised and delivered a variety of bespoke training for busy professionals in business, legal, and local authority sectors. These take various forms, such as a talk – perhaps over breakfast – or a workshop/seminar, as well as the more traditional lecture format. Our training might involve practical exercises incorporating role play and court room experiences, as well as workshops and legal updates. We use video and film, both for simulation and feedback. Attendees find these activities challenging, but exciting and fulfilling. They also build great team spirit amongst those who take part. This has proved to be a great advantage for firms sending employees from diverse locations.
Our facilities include – as well as our large team of highly experienced legal practice professionals – a full size Court Room, which has also been used by HM Courts Service as a live Court for cases. We also have interview rooms with video links to teaching rooms. Attendees also receive learning packs to support their continual development after the course.
The Portsmouth Law School can provide CPD, and our legal practice professionals are highly experienced in corporate law & governance; employment law; charities law; trading standards; criminal law including bribery & fraud; private client, real estate, and probate law. Our experts can offer practical training in negotiation and interviewing skills.