Portsmouth Law School
To support you
To support you, we provide:
- Handbooks and other printed material, both to give relevant information you while you are here and also to give you something to refer to when you leave us. The content will obviously depend upon the course you attend. Often this material will be made available on-line to save you carrying paper with you.
- For courses which include a practical element, for example those where you give practise giving evidence in the mock courtroom, or courses where you participate in a negotiation, or a board meeting or an interview, we usually film your performance and provide you with a link to the film. You can access the link from your computer or other device and reflect upon your performance.
- Catering - depending on the length of the course, we provide at least tea/coffee/soft drinks. For courses lasting more than a half day, we usually provide a buffet lunch. This is normally served near your teaching room and gives you the opportunity to meet and get to know the other people with you.
- Networking - as well as networking over coffee or a buffet lunch, we can offer a reception, serving wine and canapés. This works well, especially when external, high-profile guest speakers are involved which is a frequent occurrence.
- Certificates - some of our short courses are gateways to formal academic awards. However, in any event, we offer a Certificate of Attendance for your CV or career portfolio.