Portsmouth Law School
Mr Matthew Atkins
- Qualifications: LLM International Business and Corporate Law, Lancaster University 2012; BA (Hons) Jurisprudence, Hertford College, University of Oxford 2009.
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844252
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Portsmouth Law School
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
Matthew studied law at Hertford College, Oxford from 2006 to 2009. He completed the Bar Vocational Course at City Law School and was called to the bar (non-practising) in October 2010. He obtained a Masters Degree in International Business and Corporate Law from Lancaster University in 2012 and from 2013 to present has been studying for a PhD in the field of Commercial Equity. Before coming to Portsmouth he taught undergraduate courses in Contract, Tort and Business Law at Lancaster. His professional experience includes legal secretarial, drafting and compliance work in the private sector and in local government.
Matthew is teaching on the Business and Employment Law, Equity and Trusts and Current Legal Issues undergraduate courses and the Corporate Law and Corporate Governance postgraduate course.
Matthew has recently submitted a PhD to Lancaster Unviersity focusing on the use of fiduciary duties in UK law, especially in relation to the regulation of business.