School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Helena Herrera
- Qualifications: MPharm, MSc, PhD, MRPharmS, FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: St Michael's Building White Swan Road Portsmouth PO1 2DT
- Telephone: 023 9284 5665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty: MPharm, MSc, PhD, MRPharmS, FHEA
I graduated with an MPharm (cum laude) from the University of Seville (Spain), in 1997. I then completed a PgCert Education before registering as a pharmacist in 1998. I worked overseas in several posts until I moved to the UK in 2001. I then continued with my postgraduate education at the same time as working as a pharmacy manager. In 2006, I joined the University of Portsmouth to be Course Leader for the Foundation Degree in Medicines Management, and subsequently, the MSc Pharmacy Practice. I also gained a number of research qualifications, including a PgCert in Research Methods, an MSc and a PhD.
I currently teach research methods and ethics to year 3 pharmacy students and hold a number of posts at the University. These include: Chair of the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences Research Ethics Committee, member of the Science Faculty Research Ethics Committee and pathway leader for the professional doctorate in pharmacy. I continue to work in practice as a locum pharmacist.
- Levels 1-3 and M: communication skills, skills for pharmacy practice, interprofessional learning, medicines management, audit, and strategic and professional development
- MPharm project supervisor
- PhD/Prof Doc: internal examiner
Consultation skills, pharmacy education and innovative forms of teaching and learning.