School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Karen E. Ball
- Qualifications: PhD, BSc (Hons) 1st Class Biology & Chemistry
- Role Title: Associate Head (Education)
- Address: St Michael's Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2DT
- Telephone: 023 9284 3610
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am a prinicple lecturer in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences with a strong research interest in design, synthesis, and biochemical evaluation of organic molecules.
- Principal Lecturer in analytical/medicinal chemistry within the school of Pharmacy and Biomedical science. Course leader of the BSc (Hon) Pharmacology degree. Admissions tutor for Master of Pharmacy course.
- Main subjects taught include: Analytical Chemistry; Organic and Medicinal Chemistry; Chromatography; Spectroscopy (NMR, IR, UV/Vis, Mass) Protein Purification/Analysis; Immunology; Immunoassays.
My key research interests focus on the design, synthesis, and biochemical evaluation of organic molecules designed to act upon proteins for therapeutic benefits. Specialising in bio-analytical studies required to optimise organic molecules in a drug discovery project. Other interests include investigating the chemical and physical compatibility of intravenously delivered drugs in paediatric medicine.