School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Lee Banting
- Qualifications: BSc, PhD, MRSC, CChem, MBACR, FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: St Michael's Building White Swan Road Portsmouth PO1 2DT
- Telephone: 023 9284 2137
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am a Senior Lecturer in Medicinal Chemistry in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences with research interests in synthesis and design of bioactive molecules.
Level 1: Cells to systems – biochemistry of life molecules, Pharmaceutical Chemistry - Organic chemistry, Laboratory techniques including chromatography, partition, phase transitions.
Level 2: Protein Science - molecular modelling of protein and their complexes.
Level M: Design and Advanced Delivery of Drugs, Health Priorities – Cancer and Mental Health
Student projects in medicinal chemistry and pharmacology – predominantly computer aided molecular modelling of emerging therapeutic targets
PD/PhD/MPhil examination: internal and external.
Synthesis and design of bioactive molecules: Nurr77 Orphan nuclear receptor structural studies. Modelling of cyclic peptide hormones (oxytocin, vasopressin, urotensin II/urotensin related peptide) and their GPCRs.