School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
Dr Diane Warren
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) English Studies (Nottingham), M.Phil in Literary Modernism (Glasgow), PhD (Nottingham).
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 2193
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
My central research interests relate to twentieth and twenty-first century women’s writing, especially women's modernist literature and its influences on recent fiction. I have written a monograph on Djuna Barnes' major works, and am also interested in early twentieth-century landscape symbolism, focusing primarily on texts by Rebecca West, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Townsend Warner and E. M. Forster. More recently I have begun to work on modernist refiguring in the work of contemporary women writers, focusing primarily on texts by Alice Munro and Linda Grant.