School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
Dr Mark Field
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) International Relations and Politics (University of Portsmouth), Masters in Public Administration (Distinction) (University of Portsmouth), Postgraduate Diploma in Social Research Methods (Distinction) (University of Portsmouth), Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, PhD European Studies (University of Portsmouth).
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in Politics and Public Policy
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 2163
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I am a Senior Lecturer in Public Policy at the University of Portsmouth. My PhD thesis analysed the transparency of expertise in EU policy-making. My current research looks at the relationship between transparency and public policy, both at EU and national levels. I have a particular interest in the way that policy-makers use societal actors as sources of expertise in the policy-process. I also have a parallel but so far unrelated research interest in the EU’s promotion of a European Higher Education Area.
I coordinate and teach the following units:
- Programme lead for Master's in Public Administration.
- Level five Power, Politics and Policy.
- Level five Comparative Politics.
- Level seven (MA) Comparative Public Policy and Administration.
- Level seven (MA) Practice Based Knowledge in British Public Administration.
In addition, I contribute to other units across the Politics and European Studies programmes and to a unit within the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies.
- EU Policy Making
- Comparative Politics
- Public Administration
- Transnational Europe