Scientific Testing and Research Facilities
Marine Research and Consultancy
We've got a long heritage in marine sciences
To reach the levels needed by researchers at our university, we've developed the sites, facilities, equipment and the expertise that leading businesses want. Our client list includes QinetiQ, Thales, Balmoral and the Research Council of Norway.
Marine testing facilities for hire
Our Marine Research and Testing Platform is available for hire on a short or long-term basis. You can also hire facilities within our Aquatic Centre. Contact us with your requirements and find out about our competitive rates. We also have the capability to carry out bespoke efficacy testing to meet the needs of our clients.
Our marine biology research facility comprises of:
- Marine research testing platform in Langstone Harbour
- Research vessel RV Calypso for inshore work
- Aquatic Centre including aquarium rooms with temperature controlled flow through seawater systems
- Teaching laboratory and lecture theatre with capacity for 120 delegates
- Suite of general, molecular, histology and sediment laboratories
- Terrestrial exposure and abrasion testing
- Chinook II research vessel for offshore work
Trials management and environment consultants
If you're looking for more than a testing facility, we can help. Our experienced consultants offer complete management of marine research trials and provide full environmental consultancy. We've got a team of scientists with expert skills and knowledge. Our projects range from local to international, with skills in marine biofouling and efficacy testing to marine biodiversity surveys. For more information about our work, visit the Institute of Marine Sciences.
To find out more, please contact us. Enquiries will be received by Dr Ian Hendy (firstname.lastname@example.org).