Scientific Testing and Research Facilities
Biomaterials Research Laboratory
We offer access to our excellent facilities and broad research and development expertise in biomaterials and material characterisation.
Our modern laboratories host the necessary equipment for a broad range of work, including physico-chemical characterisation of biocompatible products, product testing/troubleshooting, synthetic chemistry and formulation.
With a wide range of techniques available and significant expertise in the field of material preparation and characterisation, we can provide advice and affordable, tailored solutions to complex product-related problems.
We offer consultancy and bespoke analytical or contract R&D services for the characterisation and development of a wide range of materials, such as:
- films and surface analysis (contact angle goniometry, spectroscopic analysis, optical and atomic force microscopy);
- analysis of polymeric biomaterials including gels, thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomers (spectroscopic, thermal);
- analysis of powders and colloidal suspensions (stability, particle sizing);
- product texture analysis (pharmaceuticals, foods, cosmetics);
- product thermal characterisation (stability, identification, quality control);
- product performance and stability investigations; product formulation and optimisation (requiring dialysis, freeze-drying, or spray drying).