Travelling to Portsmouth
Apart from the evening entertainment, the conference will take place in the Portland Building which is located in Zone N of the University Quarter Campus Map.
- London (2hrs via A3(M))
- M25 London orbital (1hr via A3(M))
- Bristol (2hrs via M27/A36) onwards to South Wales
- Birmingham (3hrs via A34/M40)
Please note that you must display a visitor's parking permit to park in any University car park - more information
To Guildhall Campus
Take the M275 into Portsmouth (signed Portsmouth West) whether approaching from the east (A3(M)/A27) or the west (M27 Junction 12). NB if approaching from A3(M)/A27 ignore junctions signed to Southsea and Hilsea.
From the end of the M275, follow signs for 'Historic Waterfront/Seafront'. This takes you across three roundabouts to traffic lights by Unicorn Gate (entrance to the naval dockyard).
These are the traffic lights at the top of the University Quarter Campus map - the route taken from here depends on your destination.
There are two trains that travel to Portsmouth from London. The slower train leaves from Victoria rail station and if booked in advance is considerably cheaper that the faster service.
- Waterloo (1hr 30mins) or London Victoria (2hrs 10mins)
- Bristol (2hrs) and South Wales (3hrs 15mins)
- Frequent South Coast services to Southampton, Bournemouth and Brighton
National Rail has more information. Portsmouth and Southsea Station (the main station for Portsmouth) is within walking distance from all buildings on the Guildhall Campus.
There are regular daily direct coach services to London (for countrywide connections), Bristol (for West Country/South Wales), Birmingham (the Midlands and North), Heathrow and other locations. These services all call at The Hard Interchange by Portsmouth Harbour railway station. From here the Guildhall Campus is a short taxi ride or a 15 minute walk away (see Portsmouth map).
National Express has more information.
- Heathrow Airport (1hr 30 mins by road via A3(M)/M25) for all international connections
- Gatwick Airport (1hr 30 mins by road, 1hr 36 mins by rail) for international connections
- Southampton International Airport (30 mins by road via M275/M27) for regular flights to Paris, Cherbourg, the Channel Islands, Belfast, Glasgow