Why choose Portsmouth?
Portsmouth is a lively island city on the south coast of England. It is a city with many identities: the historic sits comfortably with the modern, offering you the best of both worlds. Just 90 minutes by direct train from the centre of London, Portsmouth is also within easy reach of Heathrow, Gatwick and Southampton Airports. As a busy ferry port, it is a gateway to the continent with regular sailings to France and Spain.
- The National Student Survey placed the University of Portsmouth in the UK top 20 for student satisfaction
- A dedicated Exchanges and Study Abroad Team for all your needs prior to/during your placement
- Wireless campus with free broadband, internet telephone and cable TV in all halls of residence
- Newly extended University Library
- International Student networking scheme to help you make friends and settle in
- Over 60 diverse student clubs and societies in our Students' Union
- More than 300 incoming Exchange students from all over the world every year
- Attractive seaside city
- Direct trains into the heart of London taking 90 minutes
- Regular ferries to France and Spain
- Home of Portsmouth Football Club
- Historic Dockyard and maritime heritage
- Diverse nightlife and recreation
For more information on the city please visit: